Troubleshooting Fan Motor 2005 Corolla, Switch or Motor


mitch1204
Novice

Whitethorn 31, 2014, 9:24 AM

Post #1 of 10 (2096 views)

post locked 91 Capri Won't Idle

Hi, I bought a 91 Quicksilver Capri, 1.6L with 90K miles on it. Information technology ran pure when I bought it. Since the car cooked some sitting I wanted to experience the engine.

IT all started when I put away a new timing belt set and water pump on that. It wouldn't start. I torus it back down and double checked my timing and all the gears were correct.

I finally pulled the fuel filter off and nonentity merely chocolate-brown sludge poured out of it. I dropped the tank and foreordained enough it was rusted out bad. Then I bought a spic-and-span tank, new fuel pump and screen and a new fire filter.

Now IT will start but will quickly die. If you rev it up above say 2000 rpms it runs smooth As a kitten. Try to idle and it stalls. Okey now I'm thinking injectors then I bargain a kit and unstained them replacing the screens and o-rings. All spray a good fine mist. I also replaced the intake and throttle body gasket.

It lul hasn't made a difference. It still won't idle.
Nonpareil matter I notice now is when I tear the fuel line off the filter there is nobelium pressure. I've changed the fuel pressure regulator, no difference. It's pumping or information technology wouldn't run. This car doesn't pressurize with the key on. Only in start and persist does the fire pump come along.

Either I stretched something when I jacked the front of the motor up or something when I changed the tank. A couple things about the tank car. I noticed it cockeyed around the makeweight hose so I know I require to constrain it.
Also mounted to the old tank was a rollover vent. The original tank didn't have that bolt hole so I leftover it hanging. Is it peradventure laying on that's side venting the tank and causing Pine Tree State problems?

I two-bagger checked my vacuum-clean lines as that was my first thought. To Maine it Acts like it's starving for fuel simply I have no way to check the pressure the way that thing is localize up. You need an inline quizzer. But the rail should hold in pressure and it's not.

Newfangled parts: All new fuel system, stand-alone new cooling system as IT had a cheap fictile radiator and the fan switch was forged so I went done that. New cap, rotor and plugs. New PCV, timing belt put across and frontal belts.

Any assist would be appreciated. It's thrown me for a loop.



mitch1204
Novice

Jun 1, 2014, 4:56 AM

Post #2 of 10 (2057 views)

post locked   Re: 91 Capri Won't Idle

No ideas? :(


Discretesignals
Ultimate Carjunky / Moderator
Discretesignals profile image

Jun 1, 2014, 9:40 AM

Spot #3 of 10 (2049 views)

post locked   Rhenium: 91 Capri Won't Idle

Kind of curious that a fuel squeeze outlet would cause it to run fine above 2K, but non light. You would have to T in a fuel pressure gauge so monitor not only fuel pressure, but fuel pressure bleed off rate. If you have excessive bleed hit you'll need to lick if it is something to do with the regulator, leaking fuel injector(s), faulty look into valve, or a problem in the fuel tank with the supply line coming off the ticker.

You should check for major vacuum cleaner leaks and make sure that the idle hasten control system of rules is useful. The ISC has cardinal parts a solenoid that is computer controlled and a wax thermal valve that is closed as coolant temperature rises.

Other thing that could cause it to stall out at idle or have a boisterous idle is a stuck unresolved EGR valve. The EGR valve shouldn't be getting vacuum at dead rush either.

Since we offer our time and knowledge, we ask for you to please follow out when a problem is resolved.


mitch1204
Novice

Jun 1, 2014, 3:58 Atomic number 61

Post #4 of 10 (2038 views)

post locked   Re: 91 Capri Won't Slothful

Thanks discretesignals. I doubled checked the vacuum today and all is good. I'll concenter on the EGR tomorrow.
I live the injectors are not leaking and I've had two fuel blackmail regulators on it. I went over the gas storage tank today so that's eliminated. The only matter I force out think of is peradventur the check valve in the fuel heart but that shouldn't make a remainder when running. But and then again I only can train for residual pressure with it off. Mayhap I got a painful pump/suss out valve? I have a second late one I mightiness swap tomorrow.

I did run a compression check now and every are around 140. I ohmed all the plug wires and they are good. I do learn a trifle miss just that posterior embody the timing. I need it idling to set the timing aright.

When I try to hold the bound steady lets say 2000 rpms IT does raise and drop on occasion. I figured that's the computer correcting. Another thing when I hold information technology at 800 rpm with the pedal then give it gun sometimes IT doesn't respond. That got ME looking at at the TPS and VAF but it tested all right.

I'm like you with the imperativeness flatten so I'll go over the pump tomorrow. IT might be that $20 ebay special, lol.

I cleaned the ISC just that doesn't mental testing it. I have a spare one of them then I'll swap it out.

I found proscribed that car uses the Rotunda Super Major II tester. I pauperization one of them and an inline fire force per unit area tester. I question if they arrive at an inline shrader valve for the rubber gas line? I'll use my unusual tester. lol When I jumped the fuel pump test connector she pumped great.

Would you imagine maybe the pickup, igniter, ignition module or ECU cause them problems?

(This billet was edited away mitch1204 along Jun 1, 2014, 3:59 PM)



mitch1204
Novice

Jun 1, 2014, 7:59 PM

Station #5 of 10 (2033 views)

post locked   Atomic number 75: 91 Capri Won't Light

Another thing I forgot discreet is I detected my cooling fan is not coming on like it should. I already replaced the devotee switch and relay. I stimulate noticed it running spell the car is running.

But a few times the gauge is above 3/4 and I feel it should be running after I shut her off. I plough my key off halfway between track down and off the rooter wish come on. Not off or not on but in between the two. I have to roleplay with the key out a immature.

That kind of sounds alike I'm having ignition switch problems as well.

Tin that be related?



mitch1204
Novice

Jun 2, 2014, 3:26 AM

Post #6 of 10 (2027 views)

post locked   Re: 91 Capri Won't Idle

This car does't let an EGR system lone an EVAP. I guess because it's made in Australia? I wonder how it was sold in the America. That's strange.


mitch1204
Novice

Jun 2, 2014, 6:33 AM

Post #7 of 10 (2024 views)

post locked   Atomic number 75: 91 Capri Won't Idle

Woot Woot! I rigid IT! That was a tough one to figure verboten.

I said this daybreak let my triple check my timing. I pulled the cover off and lined up TDC and everything looked unspoiled. And so when I went to put the cover hind on I noticed a deep plantation cut in it from the exhaust gear. I pulled the valve blanket off to make sure the cam was okay and it was. Then I tried to tighten the sap appurtenance bolt and the gear was trying to go crooked on me??? So I broke her Down and took the geared wheel off.

Sure the tit on the cam wasn't sitting in the golf hole on the gear. It shifted about 3/16" to the pull making my use up timing a trifle over one tooth off. I couldn't see it before for the big washer coating information technology.

I torqued information technology downwards the right way and went o'er the intake Cam River and it was loose likewise simply not equally bad to shift off the pap. Evidently the penultimate person that worked on the head didn't tighten these bolts down correctly. Then I put a new timing set on that and I guess the extra tightness of the new tensioner was enough to make it jump.

Instantly to buy a new top and few untried struts and I should have a bad fun plaything!

Thanks for listening to me palaver and scratch my head! Cool

(This post was edited by mitch1204 along Jun 2, 2014, 6:35 AM)



Forge Time
Ultimate Carjunky / Moderator
Hammer Time profile image

Jun 2, 2014, 9:23 AM

Post #8 of 10 (2017 views)

post locked   Re: 91 Capri South Korean won't Idle

So, what you are locution is that you bolted the timing gear on and totally missed the dowel PIN?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We tender assistant in answering questions, instructive things or giving advice but we are not a substitute for an on-site review by a professional.



mitch1204
Novice

Jun 2, 2014, 12:52 PM

Station #9 of 10 (2015 views)

post locked   Ra: 91 Capri Won't Idle

I just bought the car. The cam gears were loose from before I bought it. It also has been seance.

I put the new timing set along and didn't notice the exhaust gear sticking dead 1/8th inch at that time. This time I caught it and first pulled the valve cover. Afterward seeing that was okay I attempt to stiffen it and detected it going crooked. So I stopped and took it apart to see what was occurrence.

No, I'm non stupid enough to missy a dowel immobilize if that is what you are saying. I had no reason to necessitate the cam gears off to put back a timing belt on.



Discretesignals
Ultimate Carjunky / Moderator
Discretesignals profile image

Jun 3, 2014, 12:43 AM

Post #10 of 10 (2003 views)

post locked   Re: 91 Capri Won't Unengaged

Glad to read you got it running good again. Thanks for the come after up. Can be reopened upon request by the OP. Since we volunteer our time and knowledge, we invite you to delight follow up when a problem is resolved.

Troubleshooting Fan Motor 2005 Corolla, Switch or Motor

Source: http://autoforums.carjunky.com/Automotive_Repair_C1/Engine_Troubles_F16/91_Capri_Wont_Idle_P160836/

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post